Wednesday, August 11, 2004

FreeBSD

Finally got some time to get some long overdue FreeBSD work done.. I had a couple of ports that had been broken for quite a while.. They were primarily broken on 64bit platforms (amd64 and sparc64) - arved kindly gave me access to his amd64 box - as I have none :-(

First problem was easy enough - some gcc 3.4.x compatibility problem.

The other wasn't quite so simple - this due to the fact that the port is written in C++ - and I am no expert (far from it - I'm a C kinda guy). It also seemed to be a problem with the gcc 3.4.x import. Managed to fix it (with some help from some C++ savvy people) and in the process found a typo-bug in source - which I reported to the author.

Also managed to catch up on all my mail - it has been a long time since I've had a clean inbox.

No comments: