Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Universal Remote

I've been thinking about getting an universal remote control, as I'm sick and tired of having the better part of my sofa-table filled with remotes. So far a I have the following remotes:
- TV
- VCR
- DVD
- DivX Player
- Freebox
- Xbox
- Receiver/Tape deck
- CD player
- Minidisk desk

That's just too much.
The only problem with the majority of all those universal remotes, is that their functionality pretty much limits to volume up/down, channel up/down and power-on/off.

The other day, I discovered the One-In-All Kameleon URC-8210 - that is a nice piece of hardware. I can hook up 10 different devices to it, it is upgradable (download new codes from the net) and has a recharge station - and most importantly it looks friggin' awesome. It's a touch screen kinda thing, with a cool blue lit background..

The only downsides so far:
- I don't think it can replace the Freebox remote, as it is pretty special, all the others should be ok though.
- The price.. A whopping 149EUR.. it's a little steep - but hey, after all it is the rolls-royce of remotes.

Should I get it ?

Update: Looks like I'm gonna have to wait, as it seems that the remote will not be available on the european market before end January or start February.

2 comments:

Thomas Nicholls said...

Wow, the worries we must go through :)))

mich said...

hey.. I think it's pretty steep for a damned remote control.. albeit it is awesome ;)