Friday, February 11, 2005

Spam

Roughly 75% of all emails sent in 2004 were spam - and statistics show that if nothing is done about spam - about 95% of all emails sent in 2006 will be spam.. Holy cow, we need to get something done about this NOW !

I'm using SpamAssassin, first on a corporate level - and I'm filtering on my local box once more with a much stricter ruleset - however, I still have something like 5-10 spam mails in my inbox every morning - it's crazy. (My caughtspam folder gets something like 100-150 mails pr day)

I've been looking into the whole Sender Policy Framework (SPF) thing - and I'm not convinced that it will solve our problems...

3 comments:

Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

WOW , This is interesting, I've been looking around to get some ideas for our blog. Haven't started yet. I'm hoping you can give some advise. Here's my topic and website. Please take a look.

long island fishing . It pretty much covers long island fishing related stuff.

Can you check it out and if you can suggest something I would love to hear your comments. :-)

Best regards,

Lonny

Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

This is interesting, I've been looking around to get some ideas for our blog. Haven't started yet. I'm hoping you can give some advise. Here's my topic and website. Please take a look.

things to do on long island . It pretty much covers things to do on long island related stuff.

Come and check it out and if you can suggest something I would love to hear your advice :-)

Best regards,

Lonny

Long Island Guide said...

Hi,

WOW , This is interesting, I've been looking around to get some ideas for our blog. Haven't started yet. I'm hoping you can give some advise. Here's my topic and website. Please take a look.

long island newspapers . It pretty much covers long island newspapers related stuff.

Can you check it out and if you can suggest something I would love to hear your comments. :-)

Best regards,

Lonny